View Single Post
Old March 14 2011, 05:17 PM   #1145
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Tallguy wrote: View Post
Someone hit the nail on the head with the Galaxy Quest comparison: I think it would have been possible to get something closer to the TOS bridge but make it "real". To get the feeling of "Ohhh, this is what it was supposed to look like all along." You know, like you'd have in a $150 million dollar movie. I think they NAILED that with the uniforms, btw. (And I haven't heard anyone say that those were unusable. At least not since they actually used them.)
I don't remember if it was fan speculation, or someone from the production team suggested it, but I recall such an idea being bandied about early in the production process. Perhaps that was the intention, I don't know, but for me, that's not what we got.

I'm pretty neutral on the JJPrise bridge. Don't love it, don't hate it. It serves its purpose well enough.

Now Engineering, that I can't stand. While I appreciate what they were trying to do with it, it simply didn't work for me.

Interestingly enough, I'm also fairly neutral on the uniforms. They're nice, but given how far everything else has diverged from the original, I'm not convinced I see the point in the costumes being so close.