View Single Post
Old March 14 2011, 10:32 AM   #1256
Mage
Fleet Captain

Re: Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

teacake wrote: View Post
That's great Mage, you are lucky to have a gf who watches sci fi with you. Last night I watched the first ep of Bab5 and was going to watch the second but wasn't up to The Soul Hunter at 2am. It's such a rich series though, if you skip some ep you will always miss out on character development of someone. I'm really looking fwd to my rewatch and seeing all the foreshadowing.

She never really like scifi. I wanted to rewatch the first two seasons of nuBSG, but she didn't. One sunday, while she was behind the laptop, I just started watching the pilot since she wasn't doing anything anyway. After 15 minutes she was next to me on the couch, loving it. We still need to watch seasons 3 and 4.

Then I wanted to see B5, but she said scifi still wasn't her thing, and that she only really though nuBSG was cool. I said she should give it a go, even though season 1 was pretty hard to get through. But she became hooked pretty fast.

After that, convincing her to watch DS9 was easy. As she stated yesterday, she'd like to give TNG a try, after seeing Generations, although she already feels shows set on spacestations are more her thing.