View Single Post
Old March 6 2011, 04:44 PM   #20
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Once More, With Feeling: my big Buffy/Angel canon rewatch/reread/r

I'm currently going through a Buffy re-watch with a friend of mine, who has only seen a couple of random episodes over the years (but oddly enough, he's seen most of Angel in reruns and really liked it). I've watched the series many times over, but I haven't committed to re-watching the entire series in a long time. It's an interesting experience for me. I still remember bits and pieces from many episodes, but I've forgotten a lot of the little moments, or plot points from certain episodes.

We recently finished season 1. Indeed, a lot of it is filler and isn't the highest of quality. I've always considered the first season to be the weakest. It's pretty much primer. It introduces the major characters, establishes the relationships, introduces the world of vampires and demons. But there is a noticeable difference in the writing and the style of the show beginning with season 2. That's where things pick up. And indeed, we've just started season 2 and I see the difference.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote