I.S.S. Titan & I.S.S. Ares

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Titan Designer, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: I.S.S. Titan & I.S.S. Ares

^"This...is...SPARTAAAAAAAN!"

I assume with this name she wasn't built with creature comforts in mind. I wonder if boiled pig's blood mixed with vinegar can be found anywhere in the replicator menu.

2. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Think Klingon Accomidations

3. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ah, so in that case something very much like boiled pig's blood mixed with vinegar will be on the menu in the mess hall, given what we've seen of Klingon cuisine.

P.S. Is there a Primary Universe version of this class of ship?

4. Titan Designer

[​IMG]

Here is a set of digital sketches from December 2010 thru Early February 2011 done in Sketchbook Pro for the iPad.
    There is a mixture of Star Wars, Star Trek (I.S.S. Voyager and other Starships) and my own creations. There is also a scene from my Action Force Pages that I imported into the app and did a quick color to my lines.

Sean Tourangeau
    12-2010 - 2-14-2011
    Sketchbook Pro for the iPad

5. Titan Designer

[​IMG]
    Here are some sketches from my "non-digital handdrawn" sketchbook from December thru February 5th.
    Included are a couple early concepts for my Ent-F entry

Sean Tourangeau
    12-2010 - 02-05-2011

6. freelancephotog

freelancephotog Cadet Newbie

Is the Titan Supposed to be a Heavy Battle cruiser something more powerful then say a Sovereign Class? Also I thought I was clever making up some specs for my own Spartan Class ship , however i am Less artistically inclined than you, so my version is a tad different and only in word format as of yet. But The Spartan Idea is probably similar, less head room decks closer together, more room for weapons and fuel less for personnel. I was on a Submarine so I figure Star fleet personnel could handle not having huge personal quarters or windows in every room.

7. Titan Designer

The I.S.S Titan is a Light Battle Cruiser the Sovereign is more powerful in my opinion. What makes her more powerful than the U.S.S. Titan is that she has more offensive weapons and has a multivector mode. She is also faster than her Federation counterpart at sublight speeds with the addition of the Battle sections Impulse deck.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

very awesome sketchs :) :techman:

9. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I honestly kinda like the Sovereign class-like ship towards the bottom out of the three as an Enterprise-F concept. That is definitely because I see all subsequent Enterprises as sleek vessels, and less stocky or utilitarian, as is seen with the Congo class (Enterprise-G) and Universe-class (Enterprise-J), even with their oval shaped saucers.
    I personally think that I would have found your design for the Enterprise-F more acceptable if you had found a way to combine the boomerang-shaped primary hull with a sleeker engineering hull.
    Knowing me, I'll probably devote more than a few sketches experimenting with the boomerang-shaped primary hull. I have already found that it can make a nice shape for the primary hull of a vessel of the Sabre-type configuration.
    The concept on the right has a nice shape for the primary hull. I would personally move the nacelles and pylons closer to the aft of the ship, but that is just me. The primary hull has a cool, aggressive shape, which to me looks makes me think that this design could be good for a vessel meant for tactical situations/combat. I personally think this could be a good shape to recycle for a later design if you ever get the chance.

I always thought that the Federation Titan should also have hull separation capabilities. I would think that Starfleet would give many of their finest vessels this ability, especially after giving the Sovereign class this ability, and after much of the crew of the Enterprise-D were saved thanks to this feature. Is it okay to assume that the U.S.S. Titan and her sisters eventually received a refit that allowed them to have hull separation capabilities similar to the I.S.S. Titan?

10. Titan Designer

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice! Fitting number font on Riker's jersey, and :lol: at "01"!

Looks appropriate for DS9/FC era, although I'm not too sure about the yellow band on the sleeves. I know the shade of red used for the uniforms and the markings are different, but when they're brought together like this something seems off, especially with the collar. Not sure if it would look any better if you picked one shade or maybe compromised between them. Oddly enough, the two different shades of red look good on the Blood Barons jersey.

Ever think about adding some realistic textures to it like this or this?

12. Titan Designer

I might go back and try the textures. Thanks

13. Kaiser

if i had the $ id get that Starfleet Jersey made and Rock it around town :) :techman:

14. Titan Designer

Thanks, I've had a few people say that. I am glad people like the design.

15. Kaiser

you Welcome and if they do Get made im a XL and my name is Kaiser :)

16. Titan Designer

Over the years doing my Dark Mirror Universe Characters and Ships I have been constantly asked if I was going to ever do any thing with the character while Posted on the I.S.S. Enterprise. Well here is you answer...Yes

I am about to start another sample set of pages to send to IDW and I have a sample script for Star Trek The Next Generation Intelligence Gathering. I am going to go by that script and instead of having it in the TNG universe I am going to do it in the Dark Mirror Universe. So here is my first character sketch of Cmdr Riker how I see him looking.

Sean Tourangeau
    Hand Drawn with Prisma Color Markers
    4-26-2011
    [​IMG]

17. Titan Designer

Since I was asked to draw them up, here they are. The Dark Mirror Universe Presents: The Brothers Soong. I know they are not full body shots, but I wanted to post something since it was requested.

Sean Tourangeau
    Hand Drawn Color in PhotoShop
    4-27-2011
    [​IMG]

18. Titan Designer

Here is Captain Riker from his days aboard the I.S.S. Enterprise as a Commander.
    I plan on doing up most of the Command Crew Eventually.

Sean Tourangeau
    4-28-2011
    Adobe Illustrator CS5
    [​IMG]

19. Kaiser

freak'n awesome Mirror Riker there :) :techman:

20. Titan Designer

Thanks, I am glad you like him. I will do up the color later today maybe.