View Single Post
Old March 1 2011, 05:36 AM   #193
Christopher
Writer

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

Surprising they'd do a big event episode like this, bring Castle and Beckett to the brink of confessing their feelings, and then just jam the reset button again. It feels like a copout.

I loved Castle's "take that, bomb!" pointing gesture after he disarmed it. Although I do think it's going a little overboard to have him personally be the one to save the city.

And really? It's that hard to figure out that someone hoping to wreak havoc in New York City would target Times Square? Wouldn't that be automatically protected/monitored as a likely target?

I should've known this was going to be one of those stories about "patriots" staging an enemy attack to fire up passions against the enemy or bring the country together or whatever. How many times has that been the basis for a story? There's probably a TV Tropes entry for it. (Yup, kind of -- it appears to be a subset of False Flag Operation.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote