View Single Post
Old February 27 2011, 11:52 AM   #988
Expo67
Captain

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Maybe so. However, I have seen Moore's work, and frankly I was not impressed by it. I'll cut him some slack as far as Star Trek:First Contact is concerned, but as for the rest, the less said the better.

As far as DS9 and Voyager's ratings are concerned, perhaps I should have phrased it like this. The ratings were getting lower and lower with each season. Especially after the producers of DS9 tried to steal ideas from their rival Babylon 5(a show that was more fun to watch).

As with Voyager, they were just recycling the same old storyline over and over again. Artistically speaking, nobody wants to view the same thing over and over. That gets as old and dull as stale bread, itself.

The way I look at it, when a show is suffering from ratings that are low(if not poor), and attempts to steal ideas from a rival or recycles storylines that have already been used(just to boost ratings), then you know that the show is in desperate trouble and is destined to become a ratings failure.

And because of that type of mismanagement, it is one of the many reasons why Star Trek went through that dry period before 2009. Rick Berman and the staff at Paramount should have known better and should have taken a different direction. If they had to add something to the franchise, then it should have been a Star Trek series about Captain Sulu and the crew of the Excelsior.

That would have been the better choice, let alone much easier viewing for the fans.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote