View Single Post
Old February 26 2011, 04:08 AM   #352
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor
Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Excellent. Valeris...were I UFP president, I would seriously consider appointing you one of my top advisors.
Aww shucks.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Which is why I keep saying that the Federation needs to avoid provocative moves like pre-emptively arming for war. Engagement and diplomacy probably won't make friends of the Pact, but should at least avoid making them an active enemy.
But what would the Typhon Pact consider "preemptively arming for war"?

Would rebuilding Starfleet? Because that's been announced as something the Federation is doing.

Would having the Luna-class starships continuing to explore? Because that's been something Bacco personally assured would happen.

Would mining for more material like topaline? Or expanding the Khitomer Accords? Or continuing to promote Federation membership? Or traveling near the borders of the Typhon Pact? God forbid the Federation pull a Paths of Disharmony!

What the Federation considers to be "day-to-day" average activities and goals (particularly in the post-Destiny universe), like the ones I mentioned, could all be interpreted as aggressive or preemptive preparations for war by the Typhon Pact powers.

However, the Federation shouldn't just stop doing all of those things.

By all means, engagement (especially if its reciprocal) and diplomacy should continue. But that doesn't mean the Federation should just stop doing anything that might offend the Typhon Pact ("No people in history have ever survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves inoffensive to their enemies.") and it shouldn't mean that they give things over, either.

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Dancing Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote