View Single Post
Old February 26 2011, 01:11 AM   #1748
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane
Re: What Are You Eating/Drinking Right Now?

When I turned thirty but noone gave me a pepper-mill (might be a local Danish thing though: people that turn thirty but are not married are called pepper-something-or-other and their friends usually place an oversize (oil-drum and upwards!) pepper-mill outside the house they live in and/or give pepper-mills as gifts.) I just had to go out and buy myself the best I could find (both in relation to the mechanism (Peugeot) and the 'feel' of the thing (Design by R. Nissen of Bodum).

We also have a word for that powder-stuff (that I'm not in the mood to figure out how to translate right now) but I don't use that as I find it rather tasteless (lit.) albeit sometimes with a 'hot' edge.

Pepper MUST be fresh ground(/cracked)! I can get by for months without any spices or herbs -if I just have plenty of black pepper I can grind.

I don't think I actually used that power-grinder of mine more than maybe twice -I did a roast once and IIRC I used it once while BBQing...

Pepper and tomato is a classic -I don't need the mayo for that, but perhaps a pinch of (good) salt.

The Beer is a "Giraf Gold" from the local brewery. It's a decent enough beverage, but by far not as good as the "Giraf", which probably is why it's locally referred to as "Woman's Giraf"

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
trekkiedane is offline   Reply With Quote