View Single Post
Old February 24 2011, 10:19 PM   #105
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Re: Aykroyd Comments on Murray, Ghostbusters 3! Working on Script w/Ra

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Probably not, but it's clear from all the interviews his given in the past that he's not a fan of it. In the interview with Stern he goes on to say that it didn't turn out the way it was originally presented to him which makes me wonder about the original pitch to him. I take those comments as he was pitched a totally different story than the one we eventually got.
Nah, the story was pretty much the same from first draft to final. Basically, Murray's displeasure with Ghostbusters II stems from how he only agreed to do the sequel because he thought it would be another fun experience, like the original, and it was a very, very tense set with very little improv, and the characters / comedy took a back seat to special effects (the latter being his big gripe). He feels the movie wasn't very funny at all, and his displeasure with it was kind of the first spark in the massive blowup that he and Ramis later had on Groundhog Day.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Didn't they only make GBII in the first place due to the success of the cartoon at the time?
Essentially, yes. The first movie was still selling like wildfire on home video, and The Real Ghostbusters was moving metric fucktons of merchandise. It was a movie made simply because Columbia wanted to strike while the iron was hot.

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Is there really a need to do this?
Do you have a problem with either of these statements?
Yes, I have a problem with these unneccessary bashes. Would you do that with members of this board?
I'm sure Mssrs. Aykroyd and Murray are positively wounded to the core by some guy on a Star Trek message board jokingly calling one "a crazy bastard" and pointing out the other's decades-long drug habit, and I'm sure they're honored by your white knighting.

The Fatman wrote: View Post
I have also heard that no one is overly enthused about the script as it currently exists
This is what happens when you hire the writers of motherfucking Year One to write your script.

Last edited by Timby; February 24 2011 at 10:45 PM.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote