View Single Post
Old February 23 2011, 10:17 PM   #15
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Once More, With Feeling: my big Buffy/Angel canon rewatch/reread/r

saturn5 wrote: View Post
Actually I'd rate the funniest moment as Giles' lecture to Buffy on the cheerleading 'cult'. Her pouting casts him in the father figure role for the first time. Her superpowered cheerleading routine is also great and she mentions slaying to Joyce. Not to mention the virility statue (jeepers!)

Favourite bit though is the girl who spontaneously combusts during her tryout

Willow; "That girls on fire!"
CC (not looking) "Enough with the hyperbole!"

One question, exactly when do mother and daughter switch bodies?
I forgot that she mentions Slaying at one point. Joyce's reaction should have been stronger if Buffy used to be in a mental institution because of these kind of 'fantasies', as we later learn?

Giles does come off fatherly in that scene, but I suppose I saw it as an extension of their dynamic in the previous episodes where he was also trying to convince her to do her Slayer duty and despairing over kids today, while Buffy was all "but I want to be a regular girl!"

We don't see enough of the fertility statue to know if it was a virility statue specifically, but I like that idea...

I'm not sure at which point exactly they switched bodies, but early on Amy didn't seem that into cheerleading and wasn't that good at it, so it must have been the real Amy. How long did the cheerleading tryouts last? Weeks? Months? I haven't got a slightest clue about cheerleading so I don't know.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote