View Single Post
Old February 22 2011, 11:46 PM   #950
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
Not to pick on anyone, but just as examples, while Exeter is an outstanding effort there are places where some of the editing just goes "clunk".
Which production are you referring to, The Savage Empire, or The Tressaurian Intersection?

It's been too long since I've sat through The Savage Empire to comment on it, but in what's been released to date in the The Tressaurian Intersection, I can see only minor problems in its editing.

Can you list specific examples of the editing going "clunk" in The Tressaurian Intersection?

DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Personally, I find that WEAT falls down on the writing leg of that particular triad. The story is a puzzle-box gimmick that isn't even thought through logically.
I agree with this, and one example is that there is no answer to the question that if Sulu has gone half-mad, why is Alana so sane?

To appreciate WEAT, we have to gloss over its problems.

Many, many professional science fiction productions suffer from the need to gloss over their problems to be able to appreciate their virtues.