View Single Post
Old February 19 2011, 02:27 AM   #8
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Gaith Presents: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Dating 21st-Century Wome

jeskawest wrote: View Post
Overall I like it, although I think you should change the title to The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Laid. That seems to be the ultimate goal, so why not be honest about it? "Dating" is a whole other issue, if it is to continue after the "getting laid" step has been reached.
I think you're describing what's increasingly becoming a distinction without a difference. According to one recent study cited in Science Daily, "couples who became sexually involved as friends or acquaintances and were open to a serious relationship ended up just as happy as those who dated and waited." So, it really boils down to this: if you date someone with the hope of starting a relationship, you hope for eventual sex with that person. Since sex outside of relationships has become de rigueur, would you rather wait and risk no sex at all if nothing develops, or jump right in and get some action before finding that nothing will develop? YMMV, but I tend to err on the latter side.

I guess I could well have written material on how to date after the first sex, but a) I doubt that there'd be much to say apart from "repeat prior dating sequences" (if it ain't broke...) and b) my practical experience in that stage is, alas, about nil.

Still, interesting suggestion re: the title; I shall think on it.

teacake wrote: View Post
I would never date a man who hated the prequels, much less have casual sex with him.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."
... And I don't "hate" the prequels; I just think I should expect from more movies than "well, I didn't hate it" if I'm to accept them as full-fledged entries in the venerable Star Wars saga.

And you do realize that your own grammar holds that you have more restrictive standards for casual sex partners than for dating partners, right?
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote