View Single Post
Old February 17 2011, 07:35 PM   #533
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

Holdfast wrote: View Post
SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Holdfast wrote: View Post
The nutty prints I mentioned upthread arrived today. Super secure packaging, fast shipping and the paintings themselves are good quality; very good seller if anyone else was thinking of buying.

So I went to the framing shop to get them framed. Their size is awkward enough that I opted to get the frames bespoke rather than squeeze them into standard frames that don't really suit in terms of size/colour. Neither the (non sci-fi fan) sales assistant nor I could stop giggling at the calculated lunacy of the subject matter. I got exactly the reaction from her that I hope to get from visitors when they first see them; a glance, then a double-take, followed by good-humoured laughter and WTF questions.
Good God those are beyond hilarious
Yeah, they're well funky.

I was thinking earlier today where to put them once they're back from the framers and think the Scout Trooper is going in the hall and Jar Jar and Jango Fett are going in the kitchen. The contrast to a print of Caravaggio's Card Sharps on another wall should be enough to bring a smile to anyone's face.
Love the prints! I think you need to post some photos of your home. I suspect it's quite interesting.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote