View Single Post
Old February 17 2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Christopher
Writer

Re: Bionic Woman 2007 - Your thoughts?

I agree that Sackhoff's character was the only thing that worked. I didn't like Ryan at all, and I liked her character even less. Really, it was misleading to call her character Jaime Sommers, because she was a profoundly different, far more unpleasant character.

For that matter, I don't know why they even bothered to call it Bionic Woman -- particularly since they didn't give Kenneth Johnson a creator credit (and I'm surprised they could legally get away with that). They could've used a different title and main character name and kept everything else the same, and it would've functioned as a completely unrelated show rather than a remake. Sure, it had the broadly similar concept of a cybernetically enhanced woman working as a government agent, but it's not like there haven't been other shows with similar premises. This show was no more similar to the Lindsay Wagner show than Jake 2.0 was to The Six Million Dollar Man.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote