3. Black Swan (2010) - A+
4. The Social Network (2010) - A
5. Cannibal! The Musical (1996) - B
6. Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire (2009) - B
7. Winter's Bone (2010) - C+
8. The Kids are All Right (2010) - A
9. The Lovely Bones (2009) - D
10. 127 Hours (2010) - A

Well, my tour of the Oscar Nominated films came to an end today with the final nominee for Best Picture, 127 Hours. Before I get into the movie, I want to say that this movie made me nausious today and I almost passed out in the theater. It was during the initial collapse of the boulder onto Aron's Arm and my friend was worried that I did pass out. I didn't, but it left me dazed.

I think that speaks to the power of this film. It's a film light on cast, and one that only focuses on one character is a risk because the story needs to be strong if the characters aren't. Well, this story was very strong, because it spoke not just about the hell this guy went through, but I found the scene where he's thinking that it was his destiny that the Rock and him were to "cross Paths", I left the theater realizing that was probably the point of the movie, not the amputating of the arm, but the will to survive and never take things for granted. Also, the survival in this film was very well done, and for being focused on Franco, it was a very good and powerful movie.

When he actually did the amputation I had to look away, but the context of that scene was not missed. It was about redemption, freedom, realizing the misdeeds of before and making right and never taking human compassion for granted. This film was rich in so many different subjects that it was well worth the price of admission.