View Single Post
Old February 17 2011, 02:17 AM   #248
Part-time poltergeist
Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
my bet would be some kind of blend of the plot Avengers #1 and the Super-Human arc of The Ultimates.

Loki manipulates Hulk into attacking New York and the Ultimates, sorry Avengershave to beat him down as he tears up mid-town in a major slug-fest.
Sounds likely enough, but in the astronomically unlikely event that Whedon goes the Mark Millar route with the Hulk's characterisation, I may disavow the movie and leave. I think that there'll be a more character-based and story-based vibe to this movie than Millar's shock-tactic approach.

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
The smoothest, easiest and best reason to get the cinematic Avengers together can be done very similar to if not exactly like it's 4-color counterpart did it back in the '60s.
Sure, why not? I can't see Thor being a minor player, as he kind of brings mythology and adventure to the party. Cap has to be integrated in some significant way, though.
"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can." - Terry Pratchett.