View Single Post
Old February 16 2011, 06:29 AM   #680
seven_of_nineski
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Though I am quite fond of DS9, VOY, and ENT, TNG is my first love. It was the first series I grew up with so it is very close to my heart. Jean-Luc has to be my favorite character. Something about his nobility of soul and humanistic and philosophical depth speaks to me and makes me want to be a better person, as silly as that may sound. He spoke so many simple, yet piercing truths that they are hard to ignore.

Here are some quotes to name a few:

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." (Peak Performance)

"What we leave behind is as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal." (Star Trek: Generations)

Picard: "Data, find a way to defeat that shield."
Data: That may be impossible, sir."
Picard: "Data, things are only impossible until they are not."
(Skin of Evil)

And of course my all time favorite from one of the best TNG episodes:

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. (The Inner Light)

Some people may not care for the deep stuff but I just can't get enough of it.

My other favorites are Data, Worf, and Deanna...and for all completely different reasons. So, I guess you can say there is something to appreciate about all the TNG characters but who could ever forget that English speaking bald guy with the red uniform. You gotta love him