View Single Post
Old February 15 2011, 08:44 AM   #611
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

Re: Let's Talk About Horror Fiction and Film

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before now. I imagine they'll still do ebooks, too, but we'll see. A lot of established horror writers are dipping their toes into republishing old works on ereader platforms for a reduced price. Necon eBooks is gaining some steam with authors like Rick Hautala, Ramsey Campbell and others. Some are trying to cut out the middleman entirely, like Scott Nicholson, whose THEY HUNGER I discussed earlier in this thread. He can sell his stuff at significantly reduced prices because he's cut out a lot of costs. We'll see.

Anyways, read or buy anything good lately? I've been on a non-fiction streak lately, but I'm feeling the itch to get into some good horror. I've still got some horror comics to read, like Mike Mignola's WITCHFINDER and THE SIXTH GUN, which looks like a Weird Western story. I also picked up THE UNSINKABLE WALKER BEAN, which is more a "kids' pirate adventure"-type story, but I guess it has some horror elements. The art is fantastic.

My wife gave me Wellington's OVERWINTER for Christmas, so that'll probably be the next novel I read. I'm also kind of anxious to get back into his vampire series.