View Single Post
Old February 14 2011, 09:42 PM   #24
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: If you could have coffee with Kate Mulgrew what would you say?

It's been 11 years since VOY ended. Since then we've had a whole other Trek series which despite the criticisms of some is well loved by many. We've had 2 movies, the second of which was a huge box office success.

Since then I've also bought every bit of Trek there is on DVD as have I'm sure many other fans. Numerous Trek books have been published. Art Asylum produced fantastic Trek figures. Conventions continued to be run (I could attend at least 6 in the first half of this year in my quite far away from the US city if I wanted to, with Trek actors.)

And Star Trek XII is HUGELY anticipated for 2012 with the script finishing up soon with great actors and the director of some very popular series.

Star Trek has not been "killed" by VOY or ENT. Some day in the future there will be no new Trek in any form but that day is not now! Some people thought Trek was killed when DS9 wandered from Roddenberry's Utopian ideals. People are always opining over its death but it is still here, still producing new stories, still full of fans!

"It's life Jim, but not as we know it." And that's what people call "death", the franchise varying from whatever part of it they first loved.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote