View Single Post
Old February 14 2011, 11:37 AM   #3307
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Protests will have little effect as the majority of our owners are so far removed from the day-to-day affairs of the club that they'll likely not notice or even be informed.

The only way to really get it on their radar is to vote with your feet when it comes time for season ticket renewal. GSE can't hide that from them as it'll be very noticeable on the balance sheet. We bring in over 5m in season ticket sales during the summer. Even halving that would make them sit up and take notice.

Ordinarily most Derby fans seem to be averse to that approach and end up renewing anyway, but speaking to a few people, and families, who I would have said would have taken that attitude, they're now saying that they're not renewing next season.

I think that things are beginning to come to a head and will probably do so during the summer. Hopefully. I know there's no guarantee of anyone else coming in and doing a better job, but really, what's the point of having a great balance sheet but being in the third tier?