View Single Post
Old February 14 2011, 06:54 AM   #168
kes7
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Tesseract -- Part II

Thanks for the enthusiastic review, ORSE! I'm glad you enjoyed this little chapter. I'm right there with you feeling like I need an implant or two to help with my processing of life in general right now, so I kind of feel for Icheb here. Still ... I think even he knows this is dangerous territory, or he wouldn't have said what he did to Lakwa in a previous chapter. Like he said ... he's not himself right now. As for the Andorians, as far as I know, it's just the Aenar who are telepaths, at least "in canon." Not sure about Pocket 'verse. Just assume that here in Tesseract land, Andorians are not able to read the minds or emotions of other species.

mirandafave -- Ha! Icheb, patient? Cautious maybe (sometimes), but you have to admit patience isn't exactly his strong suit. He's incredibly confused right now. His whole world is going crazy, he's just had way too much information downloaded into his head, and he's got some serious cognitive dissonance going on between what he told Lakwa before and what he's telling Bashir now. He's a mess, but at least Bashir's hypospray pretty much knocked him out for now. Perhaps a little nap will do him good. Thanks for reading and reviewing.

CeJay -- I'm so happy you're enjoying VOY! It's my favorite (obviously) so I'm always thrilled to hear someone is rewatching it and liking it. Adele does have certain similarities to Janeway, but they've got their differences, too. As for Icheb ... yeah, he's trippin'. (That made me laugh out loud.) Luckily, Bashir just gave him a big ol' dose of "simmer down" in a hypo. We'll see what happens. I hope you'll stick around even though your own work is on hiatus.

Speaking of the dreaded 'H' word ... I haven't wanted to say anything, but I kind of feel like I need to explain the delays here.

Here's the deal: Encouraged by the people in my Real Life, along with several of you here, I've begun to seriously work on an original novel. As it turns out, it's a bit of a time suck. Okay, that was an understatement. It is a supermassive black hole of time and energy suckage. It is the 'red matter' of time and energy suckage. Anyway, the bottom line is that it's not leaving a lot of time to work on Tesseract right now.

I don't think it'll be like this forever. It's just while I'm doing the initial world-building and plot outlining and character background stuff for the new novel. I need to get that right, and I need to get it DONE. And until I have it done, I can't give Tesseract as much attention.

I still intend to finish what I've started here, though, and the characters won't leave me alone (none of them are happy with their current situations, and would like me to write them out of them IMMEDIATELY), so I don't expect to go on long-term hiatus or anything like that. But if it's a few weeks between updates for a while ... now you know why. Thanks so much for your continued patience and support. I totally love you guys.

Last edited by kes7; February 15 2011 at 05:12 AM.
kes7 is offline   Reply With Quote