View Single Post
Old February 14 2011, 01:22 AM   #43
Too Much Fun
Commodore

Re: Worst Star trek actor ever

DFScott wrote: View Post
A lot of people disagree with me on this, but it's my opinion: The most disappointing performance overall from a series regular, from the front of the series to the back, comes from Avery Brooks. Too many of his episodes seemed to have been phoned in. There comes. A time. When you wish. Each sentence. Were not. Delivered. Like a bad. Shatner. Impression. From deep inside. A mayonnaise jar.

Who would I have preferred? I don't think there are many people who would disagree with me (even if they liked Brooks) that a superb Capt. Sisko would have been portrayed by Phil Morris
I liked Brooks most of the time, but I agree that this is true for many of his performances, particularly in "Far Beyond the Stars" where he definitely channels Shatner at his worst in the final scene.

Morris did a good job in his few DS9 appearances playing aliens. I think he could have done well playing the captain...as long as people didn't have trouble taking him seriously because they recognized him from "Seinfeld".
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote