2. Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010) - A
3. Black Swan (2010) - A+
4. The Social Network (2010) - A
5. Cannibal! The Musical (1996) - B
6. Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire (2009) - B
7. Winter's Bone (2010) - C+
8. The Kids are All Right (2010) - A
9. The Lovely Bones (2009) - D

What the heck was that. The more films I see from Peter Jackson, the more I wonder if he really is a one hit wonder/hack. Ok, that's a little harsh, but I'm in a minority in not liking the LOTR films as much as most around here, and King Kong was a bitter disappointment. This movie was a lot worst, for various reasons. One of which was what the heck happened. I left the film feeling a bit confused on what I just saw because I'm not entirely sure what it was trying to say. Ok, so we have this girl who died and the family grieving over the death. For one, those victims of rape and murder were much too happy for the tone this movie was trying to convey, but also just I wasn't sure what the point of this film was most of the time. Also, the ending was very anticlimactic given everything that came before.

I think the main reason I didn't like this film though was it should have been more emotional than it was. I sat there and I just didn't care, and I probably should have. It needed to be more powerful than what it was, and in the end it just missed the mark. The only reason I'm not giving this film an F was because the scenery of "heaven" was beautiful, but was it really appropriate?

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote