View Single Post
Old February 9 2011, 12:27 AM   #104
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Josan wrote: View Post
Well, my Peri and Sil set arrived yesterday.

While Peri is very well done, Sil is basically a giant piece of poo. Peri stands surprisingly well considering the high heels and the likeness is quite good (but CO is usually spot on with that regard). Sil is... disappointing. While he's not attached to the stand, there's no articulation. The head doesn't turn, the arms don't move, nothing, zip, zilch, nadda.

Rather a shame. I'd have preferred $15-20 for a single carded Peri. It's not that I dislike Sil (and I have tremendous respect for Nabil Shaban) but the figure is disappointing. And what makes it even more poo is... when you lift the figure off of the stand a) the centre is caved in like he's a heavy turd and b) whether it was the paint or who knows what, there is, quite literally, a brown stain where the figure sits.
See, I too would have liked a single carded Peri, but I absolutely refuse to shell out one cent for Sil. He actually ranks among my least favorite Doctor Who villains (not only is he insufferable, but he's an insufferable turd!). I like Peri, but not enough to pay extra for her because of that.

I felt the same way with the Third Doctor being paired with those three maggots. That's my favorite version of the Third Doctor, but...maggots? Seriously. Maggots?