View Single Post
Old February 5 2011, 03:03 AM   #190
JWolf
Commodore

Re: Typhon Pact: Seize The Fire review thread

Thrawn wrote: View Post
kkozoriz1 wrote: View Post
It's starting to look like they should bring back Andy and either have him co-write with Martin or on his own. Martin as a solo act doesn't seem to be cutting it.
Well, being totally honest though, aside from David Mack, I haven't been especially impressed with ANY author's output since Marco was laid off. And even Zero Sum Game was pretty lame.

I think we might be missing a bigger picture thing here.
To me, Zero Sum game felt like an overly long episode of DS9 where we got Bashir playing at being a spy for Section 31. And it felt like it was just not quite right. Like the timing was off. It was better in the second half, but the first half just dragged.

14thDoctor wrote: View Post
-I did a double take when Hawk is mentioned as having been killed during an encounter with the Gorn instead of the Borg.
-Why did the Gorn only seem to have accents when saying names?
That error with Hawk actually brought me out of the story. Glaring errors can do that. Took me a bit to get back into it after that.

Read some of the TOS books and you'll find the same sort of thing (sort of) with Scotty and Chekov. Sometimes the accent is there, sometimes not and sometimes it's there and not there in the same book. In The Sundered there was an issue with Chekov's accent not really being there but being mentioned. I found that a bit offputting.

Last edited by JWolf; February 5 2011 at 03:31 AM.
JWolf is offline   Reply With Quote