View Single Post
Old February 3 2011, 03:23 PM   #60
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

No doubt, this Ferengi and his wares are enticing--but they could be very dangerous, too. Or even if they're not, it sounds like this guy has some serious enemies. In fact, I find myself wondering if he's playing both sides here. If he's got access to the kind of technology that could hide his ship, there are some other very dangerous things I think he could also have access to. I would pull a record of all transactions going through the colony that's been hit with this virus. There are a number of ways this DaiMon could be involved.

As to Ordinance Fifty-Three...I hate to say it, but I hope that as cruel as this sounds, if they failed, they would quarantine the colony and let the colonists die naturally, as they kept trying to find a cure right up until the very last minute. If they just torched the planet before that point--well, the phrase "Cardassian atrocity" would fit very accurately. I definitely understand cleansing the planet in the case of a failure, but the timing of that will be an absolutely critical difference between needed preventive measure and cruel butchery.

As for Krause...you'd think it would occur to these guys that he was elected because his people wanted him to present a strong, non-conciliatory face in their dealings with the Cardassians so that they don't get railroaded (as much as they would otherwise). After all, they've been screwed by their own people, screwed by the Cardassians, and then screwed again after the Dominion War, when the Federation didn't ensure their return when they had the chance. They've been treated as pawns for decades, so I think some bitterness is to be expected.

As for Brenok...sounds like at least temporarily, he has broken his relationship with Jarol. If Laran gets hurt, goes missing, or doesn't come back, I think that's going to be the end.