View Single Post
Old February 1 2011, 02:09 AM   #247
ronny
Fleet Captain

View ronny's Twitter Profile
Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

Finally had a chance to the book and when I come here to comment, one of the first things I see while skimming through the thread is that DRGIII is no longer posting here. What a freaking let down. Might have to get a Facebook account just so I can send him a quick note saying he'll be missed by his fans.

I rated this Above Average. Better than the other two Typhon Pact books I've read so far but not quite up there with my DRGIII favorite's: Serpents Among the Ruins and Provenance of Shadows.

In the first two TP books I thought the highlights where learning about the Breen and Gorn cultures with the parts of the books concerning our heroes less interesting. In this book I had no such problems. I liked the Sisko and Spock portions just as much as the sections dealing with the alien cultures.

I have a soft spot in my heart for stories where the Romulan's are manipulated in some fashion, because they so much try to do that to other worlds and it's just fun to see the tables turned and they don't even realize it, like in "In the Pale Moonlight", so this book fills that need I have as well.

My Star Trek reading progress.
ronny is offline   Reply With Quote