View Single Post
Old January 31 2011, 07:28 PM   #643
Red Ranger
Admiral

Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

Hugo Strange is yet another of the oldest Batman villains, and little known to the general public, like the Scarecrow/Jonathan Crane. Nolan did a great job with the Scarecrow, so I expect he'll bring a new dimension to Strange. As some of you may remember, back in the '70s, when writer Steve Englehart and artist Marshall Rodgers did a Batman stint, Strange briefly took over the Batman/Bruce Wayne identity. I wonder if they'll make this part of the plot! If so, maybe gangster Rupert Thorne will make an appearance, too.

Perhaps Bane is one of Hugo Strange's experiments. I don't anticipate we'll see mindless, 8-foot zombies like in Strange's earliest appearances in the Batman comics. Certainly, they didn't do Bane justice in Batman & Robin, as he was just a mindless brute in that flick.

Nolan certainly seems to be able to choose more original and less well known adversaries for Batman than those from earlier Batman flicks, with the exception of the Joker. Still, it would've been interesting to see his take on the Riddler or even Catwoman. Oh, well!

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote