View Single Post
Old January 30 2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Convention Circuit - Least Favorite Person Associated With Trek?

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
I saw him and Avery Brooks in Chicago last year. Avery Brooks shook my hand, tried to remember my name from when I got my autograph from him earlier in the day (he didn't, but credit to him for recognizing me and trying) and when we took the picture, we have our arms wrapped around each other like old buddies.
I agree, even if he didn't catch your name, the fact that he tried is good. Having been in customer service, I know how important it is to try to remember at least something about the customer. Even if I blank out on a name--which I do often--if I remember something about a customer's purchasing habits and special requests, or some story they told me, it really brightens that person's day.

I realize acting isn't customer service, but putting together a convention is, in a way.

It seems to me that if an actor doesn't like cons, don't they have a choice not to attend them rather than take that dislike out on people?