View Single Post
Old January 30 2011, 05:31 AM   #124
Capt. L. Tocher
Ensign

Re: Someone who enjoyed Star Trek XI

I personally loved the movie. It did have its flaws, but nowhere near as many as some of the previous movies. And I liked Nemesis too. I guess I fit the bill of the new generation of SFX and fancy flashiness, but I enjoy the slower stuff aswell. Nemisis had a good story and some great action, as did this new movie, as did all the other movies. I have yet to watch anything Star Trek I didn't like.

And lots of people argue the special effects... but why? What's wrong with seeing your favourite ship to a barrel roll firing torpedoes and crap? I live for exciting views of the Enterprise.

That was actually one of my main complaints about Trek: the ships are so damn slow. Really, in space, there's nothing to weigh them down. If the pilot's skilled enough, it should be able to fly around like a jet fighter. Perhaps even more agile. Never made sense to me having them float by like sluggish boats stuck in mud.

Also also why so much new Enterprise hate? It's a beautiful ship, and just another version of the same thing. Of course everyone has a right to their own opinion, but it's definitely one of my top favourite ship designs. And that scene where it pops up from Saturn's rings... that scene was the most epic thing to hit movie screens... ever.

My 2... or 8... cents.
Capt. L. Tocher is offline   Reply With Quote