View Single Post
Old January 29 2011, 07:09 AM   #126
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2011

A lot of people have criticized Wahlberg a lot in the past (The whole Marky Mark thing and Planet of the Apes being clear examples) but I felt the same way you did EMH regarding the character. Bale's getting all the awards, but Wahlberg was terrific in this movie and reading what you wrote regarding his training and bringing in the real life brothers gave me a further appreciation for the film. I still don't think it's best picture material, but it was still a very good film. Also liked the cameo of the two brothers at the end.

1. Alice in Wonderland (2010) - C-
2. Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010) - A
3. Black Swan (2010) - A+
4. The Social Network (2010) - A
5. Cannibal! The Musical (1996) - B
6. Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire (2009) - B
7. Winter's Bone (2010) - C+
8. The Kids are All Right (2010) - A

I really really enjoyed this movie. It felt like the Juno of 2010, in that while it was a comedy, it was subtle and not in your face like some comedies tend to be. Bennig and Moore were terrific in their roles and I liked the Kids as well, especially the girl. There were some issues in the film that were touched on really well, but it's center, a normal family meeting their sperm donor and things get messed up, stayed as the crux of the film as to not pound our heads in with those issues. I actually could see this film as a Dark horse, meaning a film that might get up there to win Best Picture even though no one is giving it any love.