View Single Post
Old January 29 2011, 06:23 AM   #24
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Re: Conan falls, Leno still #1

Level 2 Diagnostic wrote: View Post
Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
I think it only shows that while Leno is on a major network that everyone can get, that Conan is on a network that not everyone does get, so I don't think the comparisons are fair in terms of ratings because one will get more exposure no matter what.
Well, according to this, TBS is in 101 million households, which is about 87% of all US TV households. This really isn't enough to account for the differences between Leno's ratings and Conan's ratings.

Also, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is in 85% of US TV households, less than TBS, but it usually beats Leno in the key demo (it got a 1.1 last week vs Leno's 1.0).

Thanks, you just proved my point. It's a cable channel, in US households. As an example, NBC and other major networks are available elsewhere, like Canada. TBS isn't, so by default it isn't going to get as wide a coverage as NBC. The demographic is smaller because of the smaller outreach, therefore it will get less ratings. And that's what makes it so hard to compare a cable network show against a major network show. The odds are against it.

Not sure what Cartoon Network has to do with this.
Owain Taggart is online now   Reply With Quote