View Single Post
Old January 27 2011, 07:26 PM   #246
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts Of Empire review thread

Farewell, David R. George III. May you find solace and inspiration wherever you may go.

Sci wrote: View Post
Gell is back! And she's Praetor! Go figure. This certainly helps fulfill the idea that the Typhon Pact isn't necessarily full of mustache-twirlers out to destroy the Federation.
Except the contrast between Tal'Aura and Gell--along with Nero's line in the movie "...while your Federation did nothing!"--implies a possible break-away from the Pact--as I'd reasoned before, in the "politics" spoiler tags.

I was disappointed to see the Imperial Romulan State dissolved, though -- I really liked the whole "East Germany/West Germany" vibe the IRS/RSE gave off.
Well...as I recall, I was the one who previously came up with the East/West Germany analogy--and I believe Chris disputed it on the grounds that East Germany was NOT a power-player in the Warshaw Pact--merely an occupied territory--and that my comparison to the Cold War could only go so far.... *sigh*
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote