View Single Post
Old January 27 2011, 04:44 PM   #770
Shaw
Commodore

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Expo67 wrote: View Post
FYI...

...the feud had started two years past when the delay in ACT IV began. It also started(escalated)when fans made general inquiries and were met with the following responses: Silence, 'When it gets done, it gets done', rude answers, and threads being locked out.
Feud? I don't know anything about a feud.

But I did hear about one disgruntled member of the old Exeter forums who had a meltdown and Dennis was forced to ban him. After that I heard that the guy started ranting anywhere on the net where people would listen and covered the walls of his home with pictures of Dennis. From what I understood, there were a handful of people sympathetic to the guy's rants, but hardly anything that one would qualify as a feud.

Fortunately for all of us, the last I heard was that the guy was organizing a boycott (I also heard that he said he was going to start a Boycott Exeter site, but I couldn't find one)... so there is no way that he would be caught reading a thread like this one. Plus, it seemed (from what I heard) like the guy was more obsessed with Dennis than anything else.

With that guy out of the picture, I think the rest of us should just leave all that stuff in the past, and look forward to what the future holds.

I invite you to join in with the spirit of the thread... Exeter fans having fun talking about Exeter stuff. Nothing too serious or dire, just light hearted conversation.

But if you don't want to read about Exeter, you might want to consider skipping this thread in the future. No one is forcing you to read this stuff.

Edit: Expo67, I just realized that you recently joined... Dennis (one of our members here) was a major contributer to this last Exeter project in addition to having hosted the old Exeter forums a few years ago.

Thought that would be important for context.

DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Shaw wrote: View Post
No shots of it finished though... but it looked great!
It looks good in the show, too.
Yeah, I saw it in a (very) rough cut of Act IV a few years ago (just before Act III was released). I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together in the final form.

Last edited by Shaw; January 27 2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote