1. Alice in Wonderland (2010) - C-
2. Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010) - A
3. Black Swan (2010) - A+
4. The Social Network (2010) - A
5. Cannibal! The Musical (1996) - B
6. Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire (2009) - B
7. Winter's Bone (2010) - C+
Well, it's Award season so it's time to catch up on some movies. I rented this one today (It was either this or The Kids are All Right) given it is nominated for Best Picture and I really wanted to like it.
There are points in the film that I do like, such as the setting and the characters were spot on. Lawrence and Hawkes are both deserving of their Oscar nods. However, what makes this movie not as good as I hoped was the story. I wish the story would have gone deeper. Yeah it's about a girl trying to survive and keep everything together and how she goes to great lengths to do that, but I felt it could have been more involving. It just seemed like they barely scratched the surface on the subject matter and wasn't as emotionally affecting as I thought it would be. Also, they call this a thriller, but it's one of the more low key thrillers I've seen in quite some time.