View Single Post
Old January 25 2011, 09:35 PM   #30
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: There's a new map of the BSG star system...

Scrawny71 wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
If the Colonials had terraforming technology at any point, odds are at least 1 or 2 out of the 50,000 survivors would have some knowledge of it. It was never even mentioned which tells me it's a capability they do not and did not possess.
I wouldn't be so sure. Never mind The Wrath Of Khan; terraforming would most likely be a huge undertaking, taking decades or even thousands of years. I don't think that it was really the first thing on the minds of many ofthe 50,000 semi-random survivors.
I never once said it was the first thing on their minds. Obviously, escape and immediate survival were more important.

But once they started seriously considering settling down (Kobol, New Caprica, etc.) they never once mentioned terraforming or anything resembling it. New Caprica would've been the ideal time to drop at least a reference to it. From everything presented on screen there was no evidence that the Colonials had any capabilities that could modify a planet's climate or atmospheric composition.
My blog