View Single Post
Old January 25 2011, 09:14 PM   #29
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: There's a new map of the BSG star system...

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Frontman wrote: View Post
Seeing this planets makes me think again how is it possible that those people came from Kobol and don't remember it although they have distant past seen on artifacts in Adama's office? They spoke of Kobol as "myth" and "old wives tale". Maybe angels deleted their memory? I mean they did make allusion of it in "Malestrom" after Starbuck (an angel) died Adama destroyed that old sailing ship.
Kobol itself wasn't a myth--it turned out to be very real. But the exodus from Kobol was a few thousand years ago. Think about where we were 3000 years ago. Most of history from around that time is pretty mythical to us. Not that we have no evidence of it, but that it's so distant and we have relatively little information so it's not "real" to us.
Or that Magician 2000 years ago that the Pope is always going on about.

I prefer to think of the Colonial system as a single star system, with planets and moons. Sort of the like the New Earth system from Firefly. Whish Kevin states in his interview:

Kevin: Indeed, the instant Ron hired me on BSG, I was so excited, I went home, read the series bible and the first two scripts for "33" and "Water", then proceeded to hack out a document on the astronomy of the Twelve Colonies – how might we get twelve habitable planets in one star system (which is stated in Ron's series bible).
This also contradicts largely what BSG Wiki has gleamed from the series...

All complaining aside, I love this stuff. Don't see how Aquaria can be considered a colony when it's really only a research outpost with a population that 'swells' to half a million occasionally.

Last edited by Candlelight; January 25 2011 at 09:26 PM.