View Single Post
Old January 25 2011, 05:37 PM   #20
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: There's a new map of the BSG star system...

Frontman wrote: View Post
Seeing this planets makes me think again how is it possible that those people came from Kobol and don't remember it although they have distant past seen on artifacts in Adama's office? They spoke of Kobol as "myth" and "old wives tale". Maybe angels deleted their memory? I mean they did make allusion of it in "Malestrom" after Starbuck (an angel) died Adama destroyed that old sailing ship.
Kobol itself wasn't a myth--it turned out to be very real. But the exodus from Kobol was a few thousand years ago. Think about where we were 3000 years ago. Most of history from around that time is pretty mythical to us. Not that we have no evidence of it, but that it's so distant and we have relatively little information so it's not "real" to us.

Kobol could hold much the same status for the Colonials: a real place where they used to live and things happened, but the stories have been distorted and attained mythical proportions over time.