View Single Post
Old January 23 2011, 05:05 PM   #242
CaptainSarine
Commander

Re: SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

Hi all!

Thanks for all the comments, apologies for the late response, have been low on internet usage time in the past few days!

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Ooooh, sadly, I must say that was a VERY clever move by Boor.

I also liked this Gungan character--he really blew all of the stereotypes out of the water. You said he was raised on Coruscant...I take it that his normal accent would be a very refined, RP-type British accent?

Glad to see you working on this again, and I look forward to seeing more!
Nerys,

Yeah, a smart move from Boor, allowing him to take the credit for the capture of the "rebels", while also unexpectedly for him revealing that there may have been more to this little bounty than he had expected.

I'm glad you liked 'Lo. We hardly saw much of him in the earlier chapters, but I wanted to play around with the Jarjar hatred a little bit, twist it on its ear somewhat and show the Gungans as more than just comic relief. Although I find Lo to be quite funny in his own right. (Or used to... )

I hope I'll be able to have some more regular postings, but experience over the last year has taught me not to make any promises!! Still, I hope there'll be more of this for you soon.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Wow that was great. I agree with Nerys. I have said it before but I feel the need to say it again...your grasp of the universe and characters is exceptional. This doesn't read like a fan fic but a professional novel. I know it might seem like I'm blowing up smoke but anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I can be highly critical, so far there isn't anything to be critical of in this. It's just a great, fun story. It's so damn dark though!!!
Also meant to add...this keeps getting more and more depressing. I'm waiting to see "The Glimmer of Hope" still lol.
Thanks so much Admiral Young! Knowing that you are highly critical just makes your comments even more amazing. So thanks very, very much!

I love the Star Wars universe, and these characters, so I'm glad that you feel I've been doing them justice. Now I just need to try and be a little more regular in my updates!

As to the darkness... Well, the title is purposefully a glimmer as opposed to a new hope. This book is really about Anakin and how his different choices changed him and the galaxy, and I thought it would be interesting to show how his not actually turning to the dark side could make things worse instead of better. This facet of the story should hopefully be slightly clearer in the next few chapters!

ares93 wrote: View Post
Also meant to add...this keeps getting more and more depressing. I'm waiting to see "The Glimmer of Hope" still lol.
I'm sorry, but I cant resist putting in an overused cliché right here: The night is always darkest before dawn.
Ares,

Thanks for the comment!

I only have one thing to add: I wouldn't expect the dawn any time soon.

^ That is a fitting description of the build up.
See above!