View Single Post
Old January 22 2011, 05:34 AM   #31
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Whoa! Brenok sent Laran into harm's way without even telling Jarol he was going to do it! Brenok may not have risked their friendship before--but now it really could be at risk because now he's put Jarol's only child in mortal danger.
He knows she'd try to stop him and he'd have to pull rank again. He thinks this way is better. If he's right, that's another matter.
As for Toral, I would not say he has malicious prejudice. That said, I can't say I wholly believe the idea that he wasn't making "species" judgments, given certain things that he said and did. Either that or he just doesn't know how not to come off like he is (and I suspect Federation citizens are quite sensitive to such things and would notice--which would not help with the obvious trust issues). I don't want to go into it here, but I can explain what about Toral's comments would've been a very bad thing for a cop in the US to say during a traffic stop!
Do you mean that he assumed the Hideki was stolen? Well, it was outside Cardassian territory, not so close to any former-Fed colony and he expected to see Cardassians inside. It wouldn't occur to him that there would be anyone else at the helm and when he saw a human, he assumed the guy had stolen a Cardassian ship. I'm not saying it justifies him, but that's what he thought.
How come Toral has 3 glinns? I count Lorrun, Tassar, and Korel...
Korel is his aide, Glinn Grade Two. The others are heads of departments, Grade One.
Oh, and when you say Korel "purrs," exactly what kind of sound are you referring to? Does he sound like a cat?
A kind of murmur. I tried to avoid a word that would have negative or rude connotations and it came out funny in the end A bit like a cat, yes.

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote