View Single Post
Old January 22 2011, 04:56 AM   #30
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Whoa! Brenok sent Laran into harm's way without even telling Jarol he was going to do it! Brenok may not have risked their friendship before--but now it really could be at risk because now he's put Jarol's only child in mortal danger.

Hmm...I have two different theories about the origins of this virus. I have the feeling that the one you would choose and the one I would choose to be the real explanations will turn out not to be the same, though. Nonetheless, I still look forward to reading the story.

As for Toral, I would not say he has malicious prejudice. That said, I can't say I wholly believe the idea that he wasn't making "species" judgments, given certain things that he said and did. Either that or he just doesn't know how not to come off like he is (and I suspect Federation citizens are quite sensitive to such things and would notice--which would not help with the obvious trust issues). I don't want to go into it here, but I can explain what about Toral's comments would've been a very bad thing for a cop in the US to say during a traffic stop!

How come Toral has 3 glinns? I count Lorrun, Tassar, and Korel...

Oh, and when you say Korel "purrs," exactly what kind of sound are you referring to? Does he sound like a cat?