View Single Post
Old January 20 2011, 04:28 PM   #1
mos6507
Commander

Fem Trekz: A Machinima Trek Series

I may be getting a little ahead of myself, but I'm developing a recurring webshow around the Xtranormal State machinima software in conjunction with virtual backgrounds and space footage gleaned mostly from Star Trek Online.

I've been posting little skits that are mostly tech demos showing off first attempts at one approach or another and now I have a contest running to bring in more animators. So far I have one submission so far.

I'd like to throw open the gates for anyone else who wants to participate. The best place to join up would be the xtranormal-tech yahoo group.

I have a preliminary writer's bible as well as some initial episode concepts that I'd like to pursue. So this is on the cusp of becoming a real entity, but it would be a lot easier to have a group working on it than just me. I actually have other shows I'd like to get back to, so I'd like to get the ball rolling and then pass the torch off and not be so actively involved.

Right now what I need the most is someone to write some official theme music. This is what I have so far which is nothing more than a mashup.

I also could use an animator for the exterior space shots so that I'm not limited to what I can capture via Star Trek Online. Finding someone who can make a hard commitment to render footage for this project has been tough. It's been far easier to rely on my own wits.

However, I know there are a lot of people who have been doing this sort of thing for a long time and could generate the sort of generic footage I'd need for this show fairly easily (entering and exiting orbits, etc...)

Hoping to hear from you, thanks.