View Single Post
Old January 19 2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

Re: Favorite children's books

Ladybird Books were a staple of our childhood - they covered all sorts of stories and areas in concise and readable detail.

As a very young child, one epic tale of high adventure, discovery and exploration, temptation, vice, regret, and redemption gripped me, and still does to this very day: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.

I also liked The Tiger Who Came To Tea by Judith Kerr.

As I got a little older, the children's books of Roald Dahl dominated my reading. The BFG was my favourite (my mum and I would still talk in BFG-speak to this very day), although Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and its sequel were also good.

I tried getting into the Famous Five books, but I wasn't really much of a fan in the end. I did, however, enjoy The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis.

Finally, the one children's book that broke my heart when I first read it was EB White's Charlotte's Web.

donners22 wrote: View Post
And one which I enjoy as much as an adult as I did as a child:

Still one of my all-time favourite children's books. It inspired me to be the person I am today.
-- Victoria Coren Mitchell

Last edited by Zion Ravescene; January 19 2011 at 10:56 AM.
Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote