View Single Post
Old January 18 2011, 07:58 PM   #23
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Could be. She might instinctively respect that age and knowledge and experience, especially since it includes "Cardassian experience."
Exactly. He's not talking out of his...you know what.

I am sure his dinners were complete opposite mine when I was a kid. I did ALL I could not to eat meat, especially jelly-like disgusting grease shaking on pieces of meat, bleh. All veggies were always cleaned off my plates. Mr. Laran Demok cleans all meat and leaves all greens. Or hides it and throws away when Jarol doesn't look. I can imagine all those dried/spoiled peas/lettuce/carrots under his bed he was hiding there and forgetting about them and she was finding when cleaning...
When I was little, I loved meat. But I couldn't even eat most vegetables. I remember an episode when my mom told me I COULD NOT leave until I finished my peas. I chewed on the same nasty, disgusting mouthful for HALF AN HOUR and could not make myself swallow. It was SO nasty. (That incident scarred me. I won't eat plain peas...only in a stew. Or the Chinese kind that are still inside the pod when you eat them. I don't mind the pea-pod taste...just the PEA taste.)

There was also a rule that if I "subtracted" a vegetable from what I would eat, I had to add another one back.

I now eat more, but NOT raw, and NOT in a salad. Only cooked. So I TOTALLY understand Demok; he's my kind of guy!