View Single Post
Old January 18 2011, 03:07 PM   #21
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Gul Re'jal wrote: View Post
Wow, the comments became a "chapter"
Yeah...oops!

Brenok is not afraid of her, although sometimes even he misjudges their relationship. He underestimated its strength. This time he was wrong and I'm sure he was happy about being wrong and happily took his "skinny ass" to the dinner
Indeed...I know I was relieved!

I think so. The symbiont helped him compose himself and control his worry and fear. Ronus knows that sometimes the Cardassians bark but it doesn't mean they bite too. Asu had to reach for that knowledge but once he settled down a bit, he discovered that he "remembers" a lot of things from Laita's life and those things weren't bad. Laita had to be intimidated too and she was a civilian! If she could go through it and Ronus lives to be in Asu, then Asu can do it too
What I was also thinking is, did the fact that Ronus was almost 300 years old help to give him some additional standing in Jarol's eyes? After all, she's talking to an "old man" even though he has a middle-aged body, and I imagine that Federation or not, a little bit of respect comes with that kind of age.

Jarol wants him to eat fresh greens full of vitamins, not overcooked and ruined veggies.
And I can say for Demok--NOT going to happen! I imagine he'd order cooked ones and have the replicator add vitamins.

She knows and she enjoys. And she innocently pretends that it's just a misunderstanding. After all, she's such a friendly, nice, easy-going person
I figured. But I bet she didn't expect the "shit my pants" response--that he'd actually say that out loud! And what's worse--humor is the most powerful weapon against a personality like that!!! (I do like, however, that his is not the derisive humor Jadzia had sometimes. Will NOT make a comment about "self-defecating" humor... )

I already have some material for the next chapter, so rest assured: more fun to come!
Yay!