View Single Post
Old January 17 2011, 07:02 AM   #70
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Movies Seen in 2011

Movies seen in 2011 (latest additions in bold):
(rating system is out of 5)

"The Last Airbender" (2010) *
"Toy Story 3" (2010) *****
"They Died With Their Boots On" (1941) ****
"Planet 51" (2009) ****
"UP" (2009) *****
"The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" (2009) **
"Clash of the Titans" (2010) ***1/2

Clash of the Titans was terrible, according to a friend who told me never to watch it. This, of course, only made me want to watch it more. So I caught it last night on HBO, and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. The special effects were well done, the cast was a good one, and I enjoyed the action.

There wasn't much to the writing, but this is a movie about a mythological tale, I don't expect so much in the way of a script. Liam Neeson did a good job as Zeus, plus I like him so it's difficult for me to ever say he did poorly. He's the only actor/character I really liked in SW:TPM (not counting Natalie Portman who is simply sublime in everything she does). Sam Worthington was a solid Perseus, if a bit more modern than what I'm used to. Ralph Fiennes kicked total ass as Hades. Gemma Arteron who played "Io" was good, oh, and incredibly hot.

I won't pretend it's some kind of artistic masterpiece, but for a summer blockbuster made for a format I've yet to see, it did very well.
All in all, I liked it. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote