Just sucks for me (and I imagine a couple others) about how little science is in "Science and Tech". I did a whole rant about it in TNZ last year.
One way to change that status quo is to start science topics yourself.
Science that's new and interesting often gets posted in misc, which leaves us with:
- old science, which we already know and have no reason to talk about.
- uninteresting science, which nobody wants to talk about.
- regular stuff, like news of the latest shuttle launch... which I happen to find uninteresting.
- non-science, which we moderate out.
- hypotheticals, which have a history of drawing a crowd of critics and/or flames.