View Single Post
Old January 13 2011, 07:01 AM   #75
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: "Shaping a Cardassian" - characters

Gul Re'jal wrote: View Post
Tolkar Saratt would be proud of your first attempt

I can even clearly see that the material that was used to make the boots is something completely different than the fabric used for his trousers.

And I am still impressed how well you can draw hands. I think I'll never learn to do that properly
AWESOME!!! I know he's a fictional character, but I am SO glad that he would be!!

I am particularly happy to know that the material looks different. I had ideas from pencil drawing, but I wasn't sure it would translate into painting.

As for hands...let's just say you have NO idea how many failed attempts I made before I got it right. I am always HORRIBLE at them. And feet. That's a reason I love boots. Getting them pointed the right way can be hard sometimes, but at least I don't have to try to draw toes!

BolianAuthor wrote: View Post
^

@ Nerys: Great work! That looks awesome!

Saratt does indeed have BIG eyes... and quite dark, as well... almost an almond-shaped and slanted quality to them...
Thanks!

And about Saratt's eyes, yes, they definitely have a lovely almond shape...which just makes them all the more hypnotizing and beautiful, from a woman's perspective.