View Single Post
Old January 10 2011, 11:52 AM   #3198
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Jax wrote: View Post
To be fair Micah Richards in his 12 caps for England only ever had 1 bad game probably and his last and first cap under Capello against France shown promise I felt. He came on in the 2nd half and France stopped getting any success down that flank due to his power n pace. Micah Richards is a better defender than Glen Johnson fullstop and should be given an extended run as first choice.

However I do like what I saw from Kelly yesterday...potential indeed
Ricahrds' main problem for England was that he was more often than not played behind SWP, and consequently received very little support down that side. From memory, Richards also liked to get forward quite a bit as well, which I don't have a problem with, but as mentioned, SWP never covered when necessary.

I think it was more a drop in form for Man City rather than England which saw him dropped. Personally, I think he's a better option than Johnson.

Martin Kelly though, completely agree.

Starkers wrote: View Post
Really looking forward to the game tonight as I actually have ESPN...I usually forget its there however but useful today! Let's hope we win, the Crawley manager seems a real charmer given what I've read about him online.

The trouble with Dalglish is, the fans now have it in their heads that the owners will do what they tell em, Kenny clearly wants more than an interim job, so assuming he doesn't get them relegated I think it will be very hard for the owners to get him out now without a fan backlash!
From what I heard, Dalglish asked for a four year contract. He clearly wants the job fulltime. Whether he'll get it or not depend on a few factors though; Will they be able to attract someone 'better' in the summer? Will Kenny turn things around by the summer? Will Dalglish be a percieved big enough name to keep a hold of players like Torres?