View Single Post
Old January 10 2011, 11:45 AM   #3197
Starkers
Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
Not surprisingly they were making a similar observation about Johnson on 5Live before the match yesterday. Thing is though, I don't think he's currently good enough to play as a winger for Liverpool or England either. The sad thing is that he might actually be our best option at RB at the moment. Micah Richards has seriously gone off the boil of late, and that's about it, unless we start looking to the youngsters, which we probably should do. Given how well Adam Johnson's settled into the team, could be worth at least having a look at David Wheater in the role.

Crawley and (hopefully) Torquay, will be interesting. We've a fairly poor record against lower league sides in the cups in recent years, however, that's due in part to our woeful confidence at the time of those games (usually amidst a relegation battle). This time around, the confidence should be ok. Crawley have aspirations for climbing the league, hopefully that'll translate into them trying to play football tonight. If they do then I fancy our chances.

Dalglish, I can't see being anything other than a short-term interim fix. I suspect that they'll bring in someone on a more permanent basis during the summer, the interesting thing will be who that might be.
Really looking forward to the game tonight as I actually have ESPN...I usually forget its there however but useful today! Let's hope we win, the Crawley manager seems a real charmer given what I've read about him online.

The trouble with Dalglish is, the fans now have it in their heads that the owners will do what they tell em, Kenny clearly wants more than an interim job, so assuming he doesn't get them relegated I think it will be very hard for the owners to get him out now without a fan backlash!